Thu, Jun 29|
Studio Movie Grill
2023 NHTSA DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST) Student Course
An unforgettable training event!
Time & Location
Jun 29, 9:00 AM CDT – Jun 30, 5:00 PM CDT
Studio Movie Grill, 13933 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75243, USA
About the event
This course will cover the 2023 NHTSA DWI Detection and SFST Student Manual curriculum. Real-life DWI case videos will be analyzed to help participants understand how the three phases of DUI detection should be applied. There will be an additional session from the 2023 NHTSA Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) Student Manual on Cannabis along with research studies on its relation to drug-impaired driving and the national trend of marijuana legalization. Participants will be required to pass an SFST proficiency test and written exam.
The course is sponsored by the DUI Defense Lawyers Association, ConceptsSR22.com, and hosted by Deandra Grant Law.
- Breakfast and lunch
- Hard copy of the 2023 NHTSA DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Student Manual
- Flash drive loaded with previous versions of the NHTSA’s SFST/ARIDE manuals and studies
- June 29, 2023: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- June 30, 2023: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Breakfast and lunch times TBD.
- Tony Corroto (Georgia) duiexpertwitness.com
- Deandra Grant, JD, GC, MS (Texas) texasdwisite.com
- Lance A. Platt, PH.D. (Texas) impaireddrivingexpert.com
Lance, a former drug recognition expert (DRE) coordinator for the state of Texas, and Tony, a former DRE instructor on the first Technical Advisory Panel (TAP) committee for the state of Georgia, are former law enforcement officers and SFST/Train the Trainer instructors with a combined experience of over 67 years in DUI prosecution and defense. They have both been nationally recognized as DUI experts, with Lance having additional recognition in Canada. Deandra has a Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Science with a concentration in Forensic Science, and a Graduate Certificate in Forensic Toxicology. She is also an SFST Instructor.
$800 for DUIDLA members / $875 for Non members
Seminar Refund Policy
- More than 60 days before seminar date = 100% refund
- More than 30 days but less than 60 days before seminar date = 50% refund
- Less than 30 days before seminar date = 0% refund